Interns are expected to work closely with both their academic supervisor and the industry partner. Upon acceptance of a placement, interns can expect to complete the following tasks:
- Develop a research plan in partnership with an academic supervisor and a supervisor from the partner organization.
- Spend a minimum of 50% of the placement on-site with the partner organization.
- Spend a minimum of 25% of the placement at their institution receiving direction from their academic supervisor on the best techniques or methodologies to apply to the research.
- Organize monthly status meetings with their academic and partner supervisors.
- Provide updates on the status of the project to Connect Canada as required.
- Ensure confidentiality of partner information as specified in the research program.
- Complete the Final Internship Experience Form (Intern).